Smoke that Chicken till it falls apart!
There is nothing better than when chicken is smoked so good that is just falls apart, right? Well how about trying an incredible pulled chicken barbecue sandwich!
Try it out and let us know!
1 whole chicken
For the rub:
1 Tbsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cayenne
2 cups of your favourite BBQ Sauce (I used Bull’s Eye)
1. Halve the chicken and remove the back bone
2. Mix together ingredients for the rub
3. Rub chicken with spice rub and refrigerate overnight
4. Smoke chicken halves at 225°F with apple bisquettes until an internal temperature of 160°F is reached (approximately 1 ½ – 2 hours)
5. Remove from smoker and allow to cool
6. Using two forks (or clean hands will do!) pull meat into thin strands
7. Heat BBQ sauce of your choice in a medium-sized saucepan
8. Add pulled chicken to saucepan and cook until chicken is reheated
9. Serve and enjoy!