Jump to recipe
Want a beef brisket that is so moist and tender that it falls apart with just a fork?
If that’s what you are looking for, then make sure you use a Mop Sauce that is made for beef and can be used with almost any rub but is flavorful enough to add a lot of robust flavor to your brisket and burnt ends.
Mop Sauces are made to add moisture to your meat when smoking for multiple hours. WIthout a good Mop Sauce made for long duration smoking, you could end up with a beef brisket that falls apart but is dry as dirt.
That’s where this one of a kind Beer Mop Sauce comes in.
Don’t forget, you can use this Mop Sauce with multiple dry rub beef brisket smoking recipes like these:
Cajun Beef Brisket Recipe
Texas Style Beef Brisket Recipe
Coffee-Rubbed Beef Brisket Recipe
Competition Level Smoked Beef Brisket
- 1 12-ounce beer
- 1/2 cup/120 mL cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup/80 mL water
- 1/3 cup/80 mL light oil (canola is good)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL pepper
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL cayenne
- Mix all ingredients together in a sauce pan over low heat. Cook until thoroughly dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Mop over brisket ever hour until Brisket is cooked. Brisket will take 1 to 1 1/4 hours per pound in a smoker at about 225 degrees F/110 degrees C.
- If making ahead of time, cool sauce completely and store in an air tight container for up to 5 days after preparation.
- Reheat in microwave for 1 minute to warm it slightly. Use as directed above.
© 2023 2018 Grilled.net
Don’t forget to let us know how your next beef brisket turns out when you use this recipe.
Good luck and Enjoy!