Want a beef brisket that is so moist and tender that it falls apart with just a fork?
If that’s what you are looking for, then make sure you use a Mop Sauce that is made for beef and can be used with almost any rub but is flavorful enough to add a lot of robust flavor to your brisket and burnt ends.
Mop Sauces are made to add moisture to your meat when smoking for multiple hours. WIthout a good Mop Sauce made for long duration smoking, you could end up with a beef brisket that falls apart but is dry as dirt.
That’s where this one of a kind Beer Mop Sauce comes in.
Don’t forget, you can use this Mop Sauce with multiple dry rub beef brisket smoking recipes like these:
- 1 12-ounce beer
- 1/2 cup/120 mL cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup/80 mL water
- 1/3 cup/80 mL light oil (canola is good)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL pepper
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL cayenne
- Mix all ingredients together in a sauce pan over low heat. Cook until thoroughly dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Mop over brisket ever hour until Brisket is cooked. Brisket will take 1 to 1 1/4 hours per pound in a smoker at about 225 degrees F/110 degrees C.
- If making ahead of time, cool sauce completely and store in an air tight container for up to 5 days after preparation.
- Reheat in microwave for 1 minute to warm it slightly. Use as directed above.
Don’t forget to let us know how your next beef brisket turns out when you use this recipe.
Good luck and Enjoy!