These Ribs will knock your socks off!
If you want the ultimate in Sweet and Tangy, this Baby Back Rib recipe is going to become one of your staples.
You are going to want to make this recipe over and over again. Its that good.
Plus, the recipe is simple and doesn’t take a rocket science degree to make.
Just don’t forget the bottle of Coke!
Let’s get started!
FOR THE RIBS
- 1 (1.5 liter) bottle of Coca-Cola (not diet!)
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 racks baby back ribs (about 4 pounds)
FOR THE SAUCE
- 2/3 stick unsalted butter
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1½ tablespoons yellow mustard
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can Coca-Cola (not diet!)
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, add the (1.5 liter) bottle of Coca-Cola, onion, garlic, bay leaves and peppercorns. Add the ribs and, if necessary a bit of water just to ensure the ribs are submerged completely. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer, turning the ribs occasionally, until the meat pulls away from the bone, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, to make the sauce combine the butter, onion, garlic, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and (12 ounces) Coca-Cola in large heavy sauce pan. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for about 25 minutes stirring often until sauce is thickened and reduced. Season to taste with salt and pepper and let cool slightly. Using a blender, puree the sauce.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Remove the ribs from the pot, pat dry, season with salt and pepper and brush liberally with the sauce. Grill, turning often, until charred on the outside, about 8 minutes. Loosely tent the ribs with foil and let rest for 5 minutes before cutting into individual ribs. Serve extra sauce on the side for dipping.
Sauce can be made up to 5 days ahead and stored in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.
What do you think?
Pretty awesome, right?
Don’t forget to share it with your friends!