Great Smoked Brisket Makes this Chili Erupt With Favor
Want a great bowl of Chili to satisfy your holiday and Winter cravings while still getting some use out of your smoker?
That’s right, don’t put your smoker away yet folks. The combination of brisket and chili flavors will make this a staple for your friends and family year round.
Once you get a taste of this, you will wonder why you didn’t think of doing this before.
Are you ready?
Let’s get started.
For the Brisket:
- 2 ½ pound brisket
- 1 tablespoon of Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
For the Chili:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 small diced red onion
- 1 small diced yellow onion
- 3 seeded and small diced jalapeño peppers
- 2 15 ounce cans of Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 15 ounce cans of Kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 15 ounce cans of Garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 28 ounce cans of whole peeled plum tomatoes in juice
- 2 cups of beef stock
- 2 tablespoons of cumin
- 3 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground chipotle pepper
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- To Smoke: Preheat your Bradley Smoker to 230° and load in 24 hickory bisquettes and press “wood.” Open the top vent so that it is ½ of the way open.
- In a large bowl mix together the seasonings and rub the brisket on all sides until completely coated with the spice blend. Place the brisket on the top rack of the smoker and close the door. Set the time for 8 hours. You can rotate the brisket every 3 ½ hours to make sure it is evenly cooked. Once it’s cooked set overnight in the refrigerator.
- For the Chili: In a 2 gallon Dutch oven on high heat with olive oil and roast up the onions and peppers until brown. Next add in the beans, tomatoes, stock and spices and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling turn the heat to low and add in the smoked brisket, cover the pot and cook for 4 to 6 hours or until the brisket easily pulls apart.
- Thick the chili as needed with the tomato paste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with sour cream and cheese.
What do you think?
Pretty awesome right?