Ribs with Bacon? It doesn’t get more Gratuitous then this!
This is one of those recipes where you ask yourself, “why haven’t I tried this sooner? I know I did. There is nothing which adds more flavor into your ribs then the incredible taste of bacon. Can you imagine?
Well now you don’t have to. All you have to do is follow the recipe below!
Are you ready?
Let’s get started now!
- 1 rack of spare ribs
- 1 tbsp. yellow mustard
- your favorite BBQ dry rub seasoning
- 2 lb. thick cut bacon
- Prepare grill for cooking by placing a water filled aluminum half pan in the center of the charcoal grate and placing preheated charcoal briquets on each side of the pan.
- Add 3-4 chunks of your favorite smoking wood to the charcoal briquets and adjust the grill vents to bring the temperature to 250 degrees.
- Rub the ribs with mustard, and season both sides of the ribs liberally with BBQ dry rub. Place the ribs on the smoker or grill.
- Cover and allow the ribs to smoke for approximately 4-4.5 hours until tender (note: ribs should bend at a 45 degree angle when held on one end with tongs).
- Remove the ribs from the smoker or grill and open the bottom grill vents to bring the temperature to approximately 400 degrees, adding 2-3 additional wood chunks for maximum smoke flavor.
- Slice rack into individual ribs.
- Wrap each rib tightly with two slices of bacon so that the meat is entirely covered.
- Dust the bacon with dry rub seasoning then place the bacon wrapped ribs on the grill over indirect heat. Cover the grill and allow the bacon wrapped ribs to smoke for approximately 20 minutes until the bacon is nicely browned and crisp.
- Remove the double smoked, bacon wrapped ribs from the grill and serve immediately. Like, immediately.
This recipe is adapted from Grillocracy.