Looking for Something Awesome, but Different then the Norm?
Give these Chicken Kebabs a try. Marinated in a blend of honey and soy sauce for a simply sweet and flavorful meal.
Pick whatever veggies you like, or even what you’ve got on hand, and make skewers that’ll pair perfectly with other summer dishes like watermelon, pasta salad, and even corn on the cob. Just be careful if you use metal skewers, they heat up fast on the grill!
And remember, the longer you can marinate these bad boys, the more flavor they’ll pack. Marinate overnight if you have the time!
Honey Marinated Chicken Kebabs
(makes about 12 kebabs)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 small onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 zucchini, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- Wooden or metal skewers (metal ones will get hot on the grill so be careful!)
- Grab a large bowl and whisk the oil, honey, soy sauce, and pepper together. Set aside a small amount of this marinade so you can brush it onto the kebabs later.
- Put the chicken, garlic, onions, peppers, and zucchini into the bowl and let everything marinate for at least a few hours – the more time you let it marinate, the bolder the flavors will be.
- Preheat the grill to high heat. Then, drain the marinade from the chicken and veggies before discarding the marinade. Thread the chicken and veggies onto the skewers alternately, in whatever order you’d like – or, you can keep chicken skewers and veggie skewers separate if you want to cook them on different heat levels.
- Lightly oil the grill and put the skewers on the grill. Cook then for 12-15 minutes – the chicken juices should run clear. Turn the skewers and brush with the reserved marinade frequently while grilling.
Now just sit back and enjoy!