Cheese, Chicken, Buffalo Hot Sauce…What’s Not to Love!
Sometime when I am hungry for Buffalo Style Chicken but not in the mood for wings, this is the recipe I go to for complete and unencumbered satisfaction. There really is not a more satisfying meal than when you can mix Mozzarella with Chicken and Buffalo Hot Sauce! I just love it and I think you will too.
To make this Grilled Buffalo Chicken with Mozzarella is super easy! Just cut your chicken horizontally and stuff it with a little cheese, fold it over and it is now ready for the sauce. To make the hot sauce, just melt some butter in the microwave, add Franks Hot Sauce and a pinch of celery salt. Brush it on your chicken and on the grill it goes.
Here’s the Full Recipe! Get Started Now!
- 1 lbs. boneless chicken breast
- Black pepper
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded,divided
- 1 tsp. butter
- ¼ cup Franks Hot Sauce
- ¼ tsp. celery salt
- Preheat grill to medium low heat
- Butter fly your chicken, by cutting it horizontally. Do not cut all the way through. Sprinkle the inside of the chicken with pepper. Evenly top the the chicken with cheese and fold over the chicken to close it. It should look like the chicken breast before you cut it.
- In a microwave safe bowl (I used a pyrex measuring cup) melt the butter for 8 seconds. Stir in hot sauce and celery salt.
- Brush one side of the chicken with hot sauce mixture and place the hot sauce size down on the grill. Brush more hot sauce over top of chicken. Cook for about 7 minutes. Flip the chicken and brush on remaining hot sauce and cook until no longer pink; about 5 minutes more.
- Serve with a side salad, celery, carrots and ranch dressing if desired.
There ya go! One very simple, yet incredibly tasty and quick recipe!